Eleven little ceramic butterflies and a Bible in the concrete works of the new Panama Canal
Tuesday, 15th October 2013 

Yesterday April 16th I accompanied some 10 important women from Panama to visit the works (to build the second Panama Canal).

At the end of the tour we all went to the lower channel part of the canal where we were pouring lean concrete to cover the excavation which had been completed.

After overtaking some obstacles to reach the area, the leader of the team, took out 11 butterflies in ceramic; one for each of them and one for me. We wrote on each one our name and date.
Then with a small ceremony in front of the panamian team doing the concrete works, we gently placed the Butterflies in the concrete being poured. No one will ever discover them in the future, but they wanted to leave a small sign to remember.

Then one of the ladies took out a small size Bible with a black leather cover. She addressed the surprised workers and told them that she would place also the little Bible in the concrete so that it would  protect them and all the workers from any accident. They were very surprised and eventually clapped their hands. She placed gently the Bible on the works area and the operator of the concrete pump placed some concrete to cover it. Then we all left.

On the way back in the bus, one of the engineers that knew the ladies told them a little bit about me and concluded saying that I was a Baha’I and asked me to talk about this. I spoke about the beautiful baha’i Temple overlooking the city of Panama, when and why I became a Baha’i and spoke about its vision.

One of the ladies also spoke saying that she had gone to Haifa to visit the wonderful and very spiritual Baha’i holy places on Mount Carmel.

Well! Another little very spiritual opportunity with beautiful ladies in all ways.

I attach a photo with the works in the background and the little butterfly.

Vittorio Robiati

Contact

Direttore/Editor

tel. (0027) (021) 434 3210 cel. (0027) (083) 302 7771

3 Torbay Road, Green Point 8005, Cape Town, South Africa

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Disclaimer

"I contenuti offerti dal portale "LA GAZZETTA DEL SUD AFRICA" sono gratuiti, redatti con la massima cura/diligenza, e sottoposti ad un accurato controllo da parte della redazione. La Gazzetta del Sud Africa, tuttavia, declina ogni responsabilità, diretta e indiretta, nei confronti degli utenti e in generale di qualsiasi terzo, per eventuali ritardi, imprecisioni, errori, omissioni, danni (diretti, indiretti, conseguenti, punibili e sanzionabili) derivanti dai suddetti contenuti.

Testi, foto, grafica, materiali audio e video inseriti dalla redazione della Gazzetta del Sud Africa nel proprio portale non potranno essere pubblicati, riscritti, commercializzati, distribuiti, radio o videotrasmessi, da parte degli utenti e dei terzi in genere, in alcun modo e sotto qualsiasi forma."